donderdag 11 september 2014

Only two days left in the Netherlands

Hi all,

Welcome to my blog about my new job in Semera, Ethiopia. I have never written a blog, so I hope it is not to boring for you.

Today is Thursday, September 11 and only two more nights (nog twee nachtjes slapen) till I leave for Addis. I am really excited and eager to go. I have done a lot of preparations and that was pretty stressful. Even the day before yesterday, I found out that I missed my Hep B shot and that I had to know my blood type? (bloedgroep) otherwise I would not get a VSO Id card in Ethiopia. This is almost settled now, then packing, saying goodbye to a lot of persons and then it's time to go.
In Addis, we (other volunteers, who I do not know yet and me) will have an In Country Training and then I will go to Semera. My job is Planning and Management Advisor for an REB (Regional Education Bureau) in the province of Afar. I hope to facilitate the Education Managers, School Inspectors and School Directors and maybe many more with their management practises.
I have heard the internet connection in Ethiopia can be very bad sometimes, so I do not know how often I am able to do updates on this blog or on Facebook.

For now, see you

Patricia

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten